What you need to know...
The GEMS Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi has outsourced the school transport service to School Transport Services LLC (BBT) to ensure that the journey between home and school is convenient and safe. Parents, children, drivers, and school staff all have a role to play in safe school transport, and we urge all those involved to read the following information.
BBT, which provides home to school transport for eligible children at the start and end of the school day, is run and operated by highly experienced professionals who have a long track record of the safe transportation of students.
All areas in Abu Dhabi
- Annual Fee (AED): 5,000
- Term 1 (Sep - Dec) (AED): 2,000
- Term 2 (Jan - Mar) (AED): 1,500
- Term 3 (Apr - Jun) (AED): 1,500
A fee is charged for this for 10 months in an academic year, divided into three terms. The fee should be paid before the beginning of a term, and full payment for each term should be made irrespective of the number of working days. If the transport fee is not paid by the 5th of the first month of the term, service will not be available from the next day.
Transport use can be discontinued only at the end of a term. No refund shall be made for the unexpired portion of the term, in case of withdrawal from transport facility. A ‘service charge’ of AED 100/- will be applicable to those who discontinue transport service for any reason other than discontinuation at the end of the academic year.
- Online Payment through the website brightbustransport.com
- Cash / Credit Card (Master / Visa) payment at the BBT counter in the school
- Cheque in favour of ‘Bright Bus Transport’ at the BBT counter in the school
- Standing Order for Auto Debit of Transport Fees is available at the BBT counter in the school
There shall be a charge of AED 25/- in case of dishonour of cheque. Only cash / credit card payments will be accepted in case of dishonour of cheques.
- School transport fees are fixed and must be paid termly. One way travel facilities are also subject to the full fee.
- Transport facilities are available only from the designated points; details available from the Transport Manager.
- Parents wishing to withdraw from school transport arrangements must fill in a discontinuation form available from the Transport Manager a month in advance.
- These services are available on a first come, first serve basis.
For further information, please visit our website brightbustransport.com.